Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!

I can't believe I turned the calendar to April today.  Where is the time going?  Before I know it my boys will be out of school and the craziness of summer will be upon us.  But in the mean time, I am going to enjoy SPRING!

I walked around this morning surveying the affects of Winter on my yard.  The snow is finally gone and most of the mud has dried.  My day lilies are up, the rose bushes and honeysuckle are leafed out and I noticed my lavender plants putting out new growth!  I got out the Easter Bunny flag too.  It's much more suitable for Spring than poinsettias.

Spring has sprung!

It's a very exciting time of year.  We can finally open the windows and let fresh air in the house! The birds are chirping and I really want to get my hands dirty and start planting annuals in my containers.  Sadly, I must hold off a little while longer.  I live in the mountains and we can have snow and hard freezes as late as the end of April. So, for now I will have to peruse seed catalogs and browse Pinterest for gardening ideas.

I found this lovely little weed blooming when I was walking around this morning.  It looks a little like a Penstemon, though I'm sure it's just a weed.  It's rather pretty, though, don't you think?  I was happy to see it anyway. It's a perfect reminder that Spring has definitely sprung!

A Pretty Weed!

4 comments:

  1. There was snow on the ground this morning, but by the time my four-year-old got her shoes on to go play in it, it had melted. Then she cried and cried to me until I convinced her I do not have the power to make it snow again. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring! Springing! Sprung! I am so ready. I also live in the high country. I will live vicariously through your posts about your garden. The only thing I can manage to keep alive is the plants in my pond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely blog, Andrea! I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :)

    http://jeninjafer.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think it's lovely ~ remember, one woman's weeds are another woman's bouquet! We simply can't wait until spring finally shows and sticks around here!
    Thanks so much for the visit & comment ~
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete